Home

Monday, January 16, 2012

Post #4 - Oak Mountain Saturday & Horses Sunday

Man, we had some awesome weather this weekend. Saturday was perfect for riding. I met up with a couple of my buddies after work Saturday morning and we headed up to Oak Mountain State Park for some mountain biking. I love Oak Mountain. It is one of the best places in Alabama to ride. They've got some new trails up there that I was anxious to check out.

Getting Ready in the Parking Lot

The trail I was most stoked to check out was the Flow Trail. Its a jump trail that is super fun. I'd seen videos of it, but they really don't do it justice. It's like a baby A-line style trail. It's a little more narrow and it's got a small climb in the middle, but man it is fun. I can't wait to session it next time I'm up there. We were in a bit of a hurry to finish the trail so we only took one run this time. Check out this video that someone made...


There are two new trails at the top of the big climb at Oak Mountain that are awesome. They're slow, techy, and super fun. They wore me out. Here's a picture of Jeremy rolling a big boulder.




I got in a little bit of alternative training on Sunday... I rode a horse. I haven't really ridden horse a whole lot in my life. I have ridden with Letitia on her horses a couple of times, and every time I've been sore in muscles I didn't know I had. I thought I'd be alright today, but nope, still a little sore. I'm hoping this helps me out when I'm 80 miles into a 100 mile ride this summer. Who knows. But I will say Letitia's phone got the worst of our ride...

From Barrett's Bike & Build Journey



No comments:

Post a Comment