Home

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Post #3 - Ain't Scared of a Little Mud!!

So we had thunderstorms yesterday. Yeah, thunderstorms in January. Pretty weird. Anyway I managed to get out on the new mountain bike today. This is only my third or fourth ride on the bike, and I'm starting to get a good feel for it. I'm a little weird about getting used to new stuff on my bike, let alone a whole new bike. I'll probably come up with a post solely about that bike at some point once I have a good opinion formed on it.

So yeah, rode for an hour and a half or so at Sportsmans Lake. Nice twisty singletrack that has you going up or down at all times, but the longest climb is only like four minutes. Had a good time sliding around in the muck.


What shoes to wear??? I'm picky about bike stuff. So my brain is going full time on trying to figure out stuff for this summer. Whatever I choose I am pretty much going to be using for 4100 miles, that's a long time if you don't like something. So I've at least settled on the fact that I will be using mountain bike pedals. The reason being that mountain bike shoes have a recessed cleat in the shoe that makes them easier to walk around in. My personal dilemma is do I wear my shoes that I have (race shoes, very stiff sole, snug fit) , or do I get a shoe that has a more flexible sole that would probably be a little more comfortable? I guess I need to put mountain pedals on my road bike and see how they feel on a long hard ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment