Home

Monday, May 21, 2012

Post #13 - The Final Countdown



OH MAN!!!! It is almost here!!!

I am pretty stoked.  I'm actually sitting in Charleston writing this.  The fam and myself came up a few days early to just enjoy the town and rest up before I rolled out.  I did get to see Salter (aka Coolest Niece Ever!!) before  I left.  Check out the pics and be jealous!





And I even got to see sweet MJ!



And MJ's cute momma too!

So I'm here.  I have all of my stuff for the summer in a 20 gallon bin.  I've got a bike that I am really pretty fond of.  I've got about 1,000 miles under my butt for the past two and a half months.  I've (with the help of a TON of people) raised over $5,000.  I've got my volunteer hours done.  I do not have TB (which is nice) and the doctor (which happens to be muh Dad) has deemed me ready to go.   SO LET'S GO!!!  I really am ready to hit the road.  But I've still got to meet the whole group, which I happen to be super stoked about.  I've gotta get orientated.  Yep, Orientated.  Then we do a build day, which will be awesome because I love that stuff.  And finally on Sunday May 27, 2012 we put tires to pavement and ride out!!!  So, what I need at this point is simple.  Prayers.  Pray for safety for our group.  Pray for the people we are going to help.  And please pray for all of the rider's mothers!  Mothers seem to worry about their kids heading cross country on a bicycle.  I can't wait to post from the road!!! Feel free to email me whenever, barrett.hoover9@gmail.com or call me!!





No comments:

Post a Comment