Home

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Post #7 - I was way off!

$1730!  Finally starting to feel like I am making some progress on this fundraising!  I received a couple of nice donations from some local businesses that helped me get to this point.  I've still got a long ways to go though.  I officially ordered my Bike & Build bike.  I am pretty excited about it.  I mean who doesn't get excited about a new bike!  I'll have some actual pics up once I get it, but here is a shot from the Giant website.

Pretty ain't it?!?

So that's how my fundraising is going (please donate if you haven't!!)

Now for my riding lately.  I got a great mountain bike ride in on Sunday afternoon at my local trails (Sportsmans Lake).  They aren't anything fancy, but some really nice singletrack with short twisty climbs and descents.  Definitely makes the most of the land.  I managed to get in a little road ride yesterday, it was just perfect weather.  Hoping to get a couple more rides in this week.  Definitely getting a long road or mountain ride in after work on Saturday!  Time to starting piling on the miles, only 3 months til its go time.

Dad and I are going skiing next week.  I am pretty stoked.  Next to riding bikes, snow skiing is the deal for me.  I love it.  2 years ago I was lucky enough to live in Utah for a few months during one of my co-op terms and was able to really get in a ton of skiing.  It was awesome!  I'm hoping to get out to Utah for some skiing and/or mountain biking before this summer.

Ogden Skiing Awesomeness!

I'm one of those specs towards the top!

Skiing counts as training right??

Completely off topic funny video:



I was way off!!

But anyway, I hope everyone is having a good week and enjoying the awesome weather (at least in Alabama).  Remember to donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment