Home

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Post #15 - Runnin' Down A Dream



I rolled on as the sky grew dark
I put the pedal down to make some time
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin up whatever's mine
-Tom Petty


So we have actually been on the road for a few days now.  We are even going to be pedaling into Georgia tomorrow, that's so crazy!  I really love everyone on this trip.  It's amazing that 30 very different and unique individuals can come together to do something this crazy.  So so awesome.

Anyways.  We finally got out of the flatlands.  I am currently sitting in Greenville, SC.  Gina has a great blog that has daily updates that are way more comprehensive than my stuff, check out her blog: http://ginabargiachi.wordpress.com/
She has much more detailed updates and better pictures, so... yeah.




Here are some of my pics:
Church where we stayed in Monck's Corner

Sweet lake on the way into Newberry

Cool building in Columbia, SC

Church in Newberry


Jess

Laurie & Myself putting up siding

I can't wait to roll out and hit the Georgia state line tomorrow.  That's going to be a really cool feeling.  Starting tomorrow we have 6 ride days in a row until we get to Decatur, AL.  So that's pretty cool.  I'm really looking forward to our off day in Decatur and getting to see everyone back home!  Can't wait to introduce everyone on the trip to them either.  

OOOOOO, ok so, the nerdy side of me is really excited about this map I am making.  It has our route plotted out exactly with GPS data from my Garmin.  Here is the link:  http://www.irreverence.co.uk/activities/map/?user=8c717169

I'll update the map as I have internet access to upload my GPS stuff.  That way everyone can see the exact route!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment