Home

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Post #9 - New Bike Youtubed & Stravafication


My first Youtube Video!

The new bike is here, and it is awesome!  I am impressed with it.  I really am a bit critical when it comes to bikes, but honestly I am quite happy with it after my first few rides.  It has a taller headtube that has me in a slightly more upright position then my old bike, which should really be quite nice for longer days in the saddle.  I could go into a detailed bike nerd review about the components and bottom bracket stiffness, but most people really could care less. So, I'll suffice by saying that its pretty sweet and I am fairly happy with everything so far.  (ok the brakes suck and the wheels are heavy and were way out of true, had to get that out there).



I know the blue bottle cage looks dumb, black ones are on the way

Mmmm Stiffness

Good ole 105 shifters

The new and the old... 

Alright so I have a new toy on the way.  I finally caved and ordered a Garmin Edge 500.  It is a GPS cycling computer, so I'll be able to plot all my training rides and my coast to coast ride on a map, which is pretty stinkin' sweet.  I have been in need of a cycling computer for a while. What finally convinced me?  Strava.  Strava is a website/phone app where you can track all of your rides and compare them to your buddies and even complete strangers.  People name sections of rides (big climbs, fun straight sprints, stuff like that) and anytime you ride them it ranks you versus everyone else who has ridden that section.  Pretty neat huh??  I thought so.  So this summer if our route takes us across any named sections I'll be able to see who all else has ridden it and how much they spanked my time by.  

So I'll be able to post detailed ride data from each day on the road this summer.  I'm pretty stoked.  Here is a little ride Brian and I did yesterday.  




No comments:

Post a Comment